LONDON - A cosmic census conducted for the first time has revealed that there are at least 50 billion planets in our Milky Way galaxy.
BANGALORE - Food could get a longer shelf life using "killer paper," a new packaging material made of anti-bacterial nanoparticles, scientists at Israel's Bar-Ilan University have reported.
LONDON - The presence of low levels of lithium in the human body prolongs life, says a new study.
LONDON - The oceans are increasingly becoming over-crowded with sardines thanks to the huge decline of big predators like sharks, as also tuna and cod due to overfishing, scientists say.
SYDNEY - The offspring of promiscuous female frogs have a higher rate of survival than those who remain monogamous, new research says.
- Wet Sunday for Delhi, Monday to be dry
- Women are better at forgiving than men: Study (Re-issue)
- Human medication can be unsafe for pets
- Breastfeeding not always best for mums
- Powerful solar storm disrupts communications
- Stem cells help women regrow breasts after surgery
- Choice of smartphone apps helps define your computing style
- Violent video games do not desensitize players: Study
- Facebook stalking on the rise
- Energy drinks linked to psychotic episodes in people with mental illness
- Health warning for kids over new 3D games console
- Kepler space telescope listens to ‘music of the stars’
- ‘Man boobs’ much more common than previously thought: Study
- Drinking a glass of wine daily ‘helps ward off dementia’
- Forget taking appointments, an online GP is just a click away
- 10 ways to keep your mind sharp revealed