WASHINGTON - Scientists are studying an isolated segment of islands in the Pacific Ring of Fire to test the limits upto which humans can survive in extreme conditions.
WASHINGTON - Scientists have managed to increase their ability to measure the cosmos three times farther thanks to the super-sharp radio 'vision' of astronomy's most precise telescope.
WASHINGTON - A new study has found that increasing levels of non-fasting triglycerides are associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke in men and women.
WASHINGTON - A researcher has examined society's efforts to reverse and stop groundwater pollution, and the effectiveness of bioremediation technologies.
WASHINGTON - Experts from the European Commission Joint Research Centre have suggested measures to reduce the impact of Black carbon (BC) and tropospheric ozone (O3) emission.
- Relatives of melanoma patients still ignoring Sun safety advice: Study
- New liquid lens for high-resolution imaging below the skin
- Finding true love linked to biological temperament
- How reovirus kills cancer cells
- Water management processes directly impacts our health: expert
- Earth’s inner core rotating slower than previously believed
- Mimosa plant ‘to inspire adaptive structures of the future’
- Witwatersrand basin in South Africa has ‘world’s oldest water’
- Cotton carrier bags need to used 131 times to be ‘environmentally friendly’
- Why dengue fever is a threat to urban population in developing nations
- Callous-unemotional traits help identify kids at risk of antisocial behavior
- Weight loss can improve osteoarthritis-related knee pain
- Life in the Metro: A networking site to find love, pals
- Starless planets could be warm enough for human survival: Study
- How you can cut the risk of being affected by dementia
- ‘Skin-printing’ device could rebuild damaged, burnt skin
- How it may be now possible to leave your body and enter another!
- Fish ‘n’ chips taste better beside the seaside, say experts
- Now, a smart way to control molecules for new breed of electronics
- Mimicking photosynthesis key to inexpensive solar-powered jet fuel
- ‘Quantum dots’ technology to make solar cells more efficient, cheaper
- Effective family planning in developing countries may limit population growth
- Finger-tapping to music could reveal how kids master speech
- Dispersing fungal spores over water kills malaria mosquito larvae
- World population to hit 9bn in 2050 - true or false?
- Spent nuclear fuel ‘is anything but waste’, says expert
- Now, easy to wear, more accurate watch-like device to measure BP
- Shocking images reveal oil spill still stuck at the bottom of the Gulf
- How climate change can affect our health within 30 years
- Volcano erupts in the Philippines
- Story repetition helps kids acquire new vocabulary
- Booze will ‘kill 250K people in the UK over the next 20 yrs’
- Blame your genes for that stammer, says new study
- 50bn planets in Milky Way, estimates first cosmic census
- Using amphetamines ‘ups risk of Parkinson’s disease’
- Just like humans, monkeys too show self-doubt
- Oral sex, not tobacco is ‘main cause of throat cancer’
- Soon, your smartphone could reveal your every move
- Bright, chilly day in Delhi