RAIPUR - As many as 116 people were killed by elephants in Chhattisgarh in the past five years and government paid Rs.1.40 crore (Rs.14 million) compensation to their families, state's forest minister Vikram Usendi told the state assembly Tuesday.
RAIPUR - In the second such incident within a fortnight, a herd of nine wild jumbos demolished 12 houses in a village in Surguja district, forcing 50 residents to flee in panic, officials said Wednesday.
RAIPUR - A tiger was found dead in Chhattisgarh with its head missing amid rising awareness across the globe to save the endangered big cats, an official said Tuesday.
RAIPUR - Chhattisgarh's Maoist-hit Bastar region has reported 2,184 cases of illegal felling of trees since 2008, a minister informed the state assembly Wednesday.
RAIPUR - Wild elephants trampled six people to death in Chhattisgarh's Surguja district this year, Forest Minister Vikram Usendi said Wednesday.
- Chhattisgarh tiger reserves have half the posts vacant
- Chhattisgarh zoo closed to mourn death of tigress
- Chhattisgarh minister on tour to tackle man-elephant conflict
- Maoist hotbed Bastar gets 3G coverage
- Six more die in Chhattisgarh rains
- Three dead, thousands marooned in Chhattisgarh rains
- Chhattisgarh shuts three polluting industries
- Rains in Chhattisgarh cut off four districts
- Government hikes compensation amid elephant menace
- Angry villagers block road as jumbos run amok
- Chhattisgarh bans fishing to promote breeding
- Chhattisgarh to plant six crore saplings this monsoon
- Mercury goes past 47 degrees mark in Chhattisgarh
- Mercury crosses 46-degree mark in Chhattisgarh
- Heat wave claims crocodiles in Chhattisgarh zoo
- Chhattisgarh schools closed as mercury crosses 45-degree mark
- Heat wave continues in Chhattisgarh
- Love turns fatal as jumbos clash over female
- Wild jumbos cause panic in Chattisgarh village
- Mercury soars above 40 degrees in Chhattisgarh
- 36 wild animals killed in Chhattisgarh
- Two sambars, one deer found dead in Chhattisgarh zoo
- Chhattisgarh has 24 to 30 tigers, claims minister
- Seven elephants killed in Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh village panics as jumbos run amok
- Jumbos create havoc in Chhattisgarh village
- Chhattisgarh has 30 tigers: minister
- Elephants kill 29 people in Chhattisgarh in 2009
- Wild elephants trample man to death
- Four held in Chhattisgarh with leopard skin