AGRA - Years ago, the Yamuna waters would lap gently against the base of the Taj Mahal.
BEIJING - The team that built the first solar-powered plane is planning a round-the-world flight within two years, with a stopover in China, a media report Thursday said.
NEW DELHI - The skies in the capital remained clear and bright Thursday as the 19th Commonwealth Games came to a close.
LONDON - If a medium-sized asteroid were to land in the oceans a tsunami wouldn't be the only worry, say scientists- the Earth's ozone layer could be at risk too.
WASHINGTON - A new study has warned that 'natural' slimming therapies can have an adverse effect on users and may even kill.
- Exposure to chemical warfare agent linked to long-term heart damage
- Robot punches humans to test pain thresholds
- Personality linked to exercise levels
- US govt using social networks to spy on citizens?
- IVF can make children taller, say scientists
- Yoga may have the power to fight fibromyalgia
- Underwater robot to explore ice-covered ocean in Antarctica
- Electrified nano filter ‘to kill 98pc of disease-causing bacteria in water’
- First images of aftermath of possible asteroid collision captured
- Massive galaxy cluster weighs as much as 800 trillion Suns
- Mystery of arsenic compound solved
- Unlike us, honeybees don’t have trouble rescheduling biological clocks
- Assam villagers poisoning elephants to prevent attacks
- Bombing Earth-bound asteroids may be a viable last resort, experts say
- Variety ‘may be the catalyst behind sexual evolution’
- West lifestyle ‘plundering natural resources from tropics at record levels’
- How young galaxies can grow gently
- Eyetracker software to prevent drivers from nodding off at the wheel
- Soft drink could boost effects of anti-cancer drug
- Bad jobs worse for mental health than joblessness
- Nice guys actually get the girl in the end
- Pine bark effective in relieving tinnitus symptoms
- Compound in carrots, peppers boosts brain health
- New ‘control app’ to stop users from “Sexting” on their iPhones
- Walking at least 6 miles per week ‘can reduce Alzheimer’s risk’
- Technophobia ’sprouts up while we are still in the womb’
- Nicotine could play role in Alzheimer’s disease therapy
- Silicon ‘can radically increase capacity of lithium-ion batteries’
- Enzyme in saliva influences how we sense food texture
- Facebook keeps ‘deleted’ user photos for up to 30 months
- Brain imaging reveals how we learn from failure and success
- Now, 3D body scanner to tell you if you’re overweight
- Cheap, accurate test to predict prostate cancer developed
- Love as effective as drugs in driving pain away
- ‘Earth-like’ planet may not exist