LONDON - Penguins and some other animals were killed by foxes in London Zoo, a media report said Saturday.
WASHINGTON - A new study has found that babies born to women who drink heavily during their first trimester of pregnancy are more likely to have birth defects, compared to the babies of mothers who abstained from alcohol.
WASHINGTON - Researchers at the Center for Unified Biometrics and Sensors are developing ways to simulate handwritten captchas.
WASHINGTON - A new genus named Hondurodendron, which means "tree of Honduras", has been discovered by a Missouri botanical garden researcher.
LONDON - Texting, browsing, playing games, taking directions, listening to music are the things you use your cellphone for.
- Sex in space is a bad idea, find Oz scientists
- Nature and humans destroying aquatic food webs
- New advances may hold key to fight preeclampsia
- Milk ‘drove Neolithic immigration of Middle Easterners to Europe’
- Where dinos hung out
- iPhone rates Jolie as ‘hottest celeb’
- Low dose of beta blockers can put patients at subsequent heart attack risk
- New imaging technique sheds light on inflammation
- Global warming could leave cities flattened
- Novel approach for rapid detection of unknown food pathogens
- Expert casts doubts on results of ovarian cancer study
- New IPCC report to focus on Asian monsoon issues
- Flying camp Pterosaurs ‘could soar 16,000 kms at a stretch’
- Fibromyalgia linked to restless legs syndrome
- Faint planet hidden in star’s glare revealed
- Squid studies shed light on hearing mechanisms in humans
- Oily fish, blueberries, soy protein, vinegar and cinnamon aid memory
- Could giving infants antibiotics trigger asthma?
- Moving country could affect men’s libido
- How a moon can reveal a star’s weight
- Device that ‘makes you feel full’ may end your weight woes
- ‘Love map of the brain’ shows how heart rules the head
- Whatever doesn’t kill us really can make us stronger
- Babies born using world’s first pre-IVF genetic screening study
- Fearsome T.rex was a cannibal