NEW DELHI - Delhi woke up to a misty Wednesday morning with high humidity.
Moscow, Oct 20 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia's Soyuz spacecraft put six US communications satellites into orbit Tuesday, an official said.
NEW DELHI - Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh Tuesday launched the National Green Tribunal (NGT), aimed at expediting the hearing of environmental cases in the country.
NEW DELHI - Even as Delhi was greeted by a misty morning, it was a warm Tuesday as the maximum temperature was recorded at 33.3 degree Celsius.
WASHINGTON - Researchers have uncovered a snapshot of evolution in progress, by tracing how a gene mutation over 100 million years ago led flowers to make male and female parts in different ways.
- 12 historic sites worldwide ‘on verge of vanishing’
- Scientists get closer to understanding how brain’s ‘hearing center’ works
- Camera chip offers hope to people with blindness-linked condition
- Computational model of swimming fish could inspire medical prosthetics
- China working to run trains at over 500 km/hour
- Four new psoriasis ‘hotspots’ identified
- Novel study offers hope for new class of Alzheimer’s drugs
- Vitamin D deficiency associated with lung transplant rejection
- How sloths evolved their unique neck skeleton
- Manmohan Singh pays tributes to Pakistani scientist Abdus Salam
- Excavation in Boston offers insight into 19th century brothel
- Mouth and intestine bacteria affect atherosclerosis
- Aboriginal people viewed comets as portents of doom
- Scientists sequence genomes of lyme disease bacteria
- Underground Antarctic ‘telescope’ to trace cosmic rays
- C.R. Rao receives India Science Prize
- Quicken developing scientific knowledge, says PM
- ‘Violent films, video games make teenagers aggressive’
- Lucid dreams becoming frequent, shows study
- Jealous of someone? You’ll end up paying more to be like them
- Unicorn footage ‘a hoax’
- New graphene study could lead to improvements in bluetooth headsets
- Vigilance against skin cancer may lead to vitamin D deficiency
- How seas and lakes may have once developed on Mars
- Flour residues on stone tools suggest early humans ate a balanced diet
- Handheld fertility device ‘as effective as IVF’
- Eczema cream meant to soothe ‘makes the condition worse’
- Loss of interest in sex driving 50-plus to divorce
- Singapore scientists first to discover important genes in human stem cells
- Violent TV or video games ‘promote aggressive behavior in teens’
- Clenching muscles ‘increases willpower’
- Lack of vitamin D ‘puts IBD patients at greater risk of osteoporosis’
- Personal information from Facebook passed on to ad firms
- Rubbish on Facebook may be more worthwhile than we think
- Western diet makes sepsis worse