WASHINGTON - A new study from MIT's McGovern Institute for Brain Research has shown that brain's habit formation appears to be an innate ability that is fine-tuned by experience- specifically, the costs and rewards of certain choices.
WASHINGTON - A new study has shown that widely used fragranced products - including those that claim to be "green" - give off many chemicals that are not listed on the label, including some that are classified as toxic.
WASHINGTON - The planned final flight next week of the US space shuttle Discovery has been postponed until Wednesday to allow engineers ample time to test repairs made after a leak was detected in the craft, space agency NASA said late Saturday.
HAMBURG - Google is known for putting thing online - books and images of houses, for instance. Now it's put up the Trans-Siberian Railway.
LONDON - Action role-playing game Mass Effect 2 has won the ultimate game of the year prize at the Golden Joystick awards.
- Study sheds light on ‘modern concerns’ of the ancient world
- Researchers ‘watch’ formation of cells’ protein factories for first time
- Superstitious beliefs more common than thought
- ‘Walking corpse syndrome’ makes people think they’re zombies
- China breeds first genetically engineered monkey
- Ancient English cemetery of ‘exotic headless Romans’ found in York
- Now, an alarm clock that creates dawn
- Islands flanking Mississippi ‘might vanish’ due to oil spill, sea level rise
- Frozen piles of CO2 on Mars may trigger avalanches
- Apple iPhone sales outshine BlackBerry: Report
- Universe to end in 5 billion years, predict scientists
- Is El Nino causing ice to melt at the South Pole?
- ‘Space mice’ may pave way to help keep humans fit in space
- 120 tombs found in China construction site
- Unplanned pregnancies more common in women with anorexia nervosa
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO
- Scientists grow miniature liver using human cells
- Efforts to beat malaria may backfire, says experts
- Math, maps used to plot malaria elimination plan
- Study sheds light on mysterious eel-like creatures that lived before dinos
- How 5000-yr-old Neolithic men painted their homes
- Cloudy skies likely in Delhi
- Gene that helps fish ‘disappear’ discovered
- ‘Bolt from deep blue’ may have sparked life on Earth