NEW DELHI - It was a misty Diwali morning for Delhiites Friday as the city saw a thin layer of fog. And the weatherman said it could get chilly by the evening.
WASHINGTON - The Deep Impact spacecraft Thursday passed within 700 km of comet Hartley 2 at a speed of 43,000 km per hour, in what astronomers said was the best extended view yet at that class of objects in the solar system.
BEIJING - China Friday launched a meteorological satellite into space from the country's northern Shanxi province, Xinhua reported.
KAMPALA - An outbreak of anthrax in a Ugandan national park has killed at least 100 hippos since early July, a national newspaper reported Thursday.
CHENNAI - An atmospheric depression over southeast Bay of Bengal, centred around 1,250 km from here, is expected to intensify into a cyclonic storm and cross between Chennai and Ongole in Andhra Pradesh by Nov 7 evening or night, weather department officials said.
- Clear day in Delhi
- Discovery shuttle launch delayed until Friday
- Electrical stimulation produces pain-reducing effects in humans
- Facebook hopes to dominate the mobile world
- Very short gamma-ray bursts linked to evaporation of primordial black holes
- Gamma-ray bursts powered by strongest magnetic fields in universe
- Kolkata gears up to battle Diwali noise, air pollution
- Volcanic eruptions affect Asian rainfall
- High hormone levels drove cavemen to promiscuity
- Scientists discover a key autism gene in brain
- Adolescent stress ‘linked to mood disorders in adulthood’
- Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak may become a reality
- Now, watch 3D videos without special glasses
- Epileptic mums’ teens display poor school performance: Study
- Single shot of morphine has long lasting effects on testosterone levels
- Spanish twig ants are ferocious
- Space Shuttle Launch Set For Thursday
- Process by which Alzheimer’s creeps through the brain identified
- Why it took early humans almost 2mn yrs to develop hand-held stone axe
- Sweet discovery offers protection against killer viruses
- Use Neem to treat chicken pox the natural way
- Transparent conductive material paves way for power-generating windows
- Now, ’shield’ yourself from harmful mobile radiation
- Did Earth encounter pieces of an alien visitor yesterday?
- High levels of coumarin in cassia cinnamon linked to liver damage
- Water flowing through ice sheets speeds up warming
- Now, generate green power from your balcony!
- New study sheds light on cognitive recovery after brain damage
- Boa constrictor has ‘virgin birth’
- Italy carries out world’s first robotically-assisted pancreatic transplant
- Babies born by caesarean ‘are calmer’
- Plants engineered to produce new drugs
- Specific changes in the brain linked to sleep deprivation
- Meditation training improves cellular health of the body
- Video-game technology may accelerate new drugs’ development
- Wearing multifocal contact lenses may reduce vision for driving at night
- New compounds may effectively treat both alcohol, cigarette addictions
- 46pc of international travelers not aware of potential health risks
- Language influences our implicit preferences: Study
- Scientists identify target for stroke therapy drugs
- World’s first 3D printed fully functioning hybrid car
- Stressed plants and animals ‘keys to better stock market predictions’
- Autism study reveals how genetic changes rewire the brain
- Updated ‘catastrophe calculator’ estimates asteroid impacts
- ‘Star Wars’ 3D holograms may soon be a reality
- Now a camera to check multiple traffic violations
- New material brings Harry Potter style ‘invisibility cloak’ a step closer
- Goat delivers test tube twins
- Pompeii’s mystery horse is actually a donkey
- Combining radiation therapy, chemo safely treats head and neck cancers
- Migratory birds sighted in Orissa lake