WASHINGTON - Wanted: Cars and trucks that plug into electrical outlets instead of filling up at gas stations.
CHIBA, Japan - There were gadgets and robots galore at Japan's premier electronics show this week.
WASHINGTON - The new cars and trucks sold in 2025 may be required to average 62 miles per gallon as a group, far surpassing the fuel efficiency of current high-mileage stars like the Toyota Prius and Honda Civic hybrids.
WASHINGTON - The fleet of new cars and trucks sold in 2025 may be required to average 62 miles per gallon, far surpassing the fuel efficiency of current high-mileage stars like the Toyota Prius and Honda Civic hybrids.
PARIS - Hybrids and electric cars may get top billing.
- 3 C's for Paris cars: Clean, Cheap and China
- Automakers go green, sleek at Paris car show
- Emissions rules hang over Paris car show
- Summary Box: Green cars rev up for Paris Auto Show
- Mercedes sedan ups fuel mileage
- Hertz to provide electric cars for rent
- General Motors to test electric Cruze in S. Korea
- Reports: Toyota in talks with Daimler on hybrids
- 3 ultra-efficient cars win $10M innovation award
- Obama hails production of stimulus-aided batteries
- Production of stimulus-aided car batteries revs up
- Hyundai shows off SKorea's first electric car
- Updated car stickers to include environmental info
- FACT CHECK: Stimulus assessments overly optimistic
- Electric 'Buckeye Bullet' aims for speed record
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Obama's electric car champion
- China electric car makers plan standards, research
- Toyota's Prius tops Japan car sales for 15th month
- Summary Box: GM, Nissan compete over electric cars
- Comparing Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt electric cars
- GM, Nissan compete for best deal on electric car
- Summary Box: Nissan sells 500 Leafs to Enterprise
- GM to sell Volt for $41K, lease for $350 a month
- Enterprise to offer Nissan Leaf to rental drivers
- Electric car plant announced for Webster City
- More roadside chargers needed for electric cars
- Ford will offer hybrid at same price as gas model
- Honda plans electric vehicle, plug-in in 2012
- Obama promotes job creation at Mich. battery plant
- Obama touts investment in Michigan battery plant
- Obama to promote electric vehicles in Michigan
- Mich. gov: Electric cars to create 62,000 jobs
- NYC opens 1st public electric car charging station
- Chevy Volt will carry 8-year battery warranty
- AP Source: Volt will carry longer battery warranty