TOKYO - Panasonic has increased its stakes in two key subsidiaries through multibillion dollar tender offers as it pushes ahead with a strategy to strengthen its green technology businesses.
JOHANNESBURG - A South African think tank is offering tutoring on a popular mobile phone platform after a nationwide teachers' strike left final year students unprepared for end-of-term exams.
WASHINGTON - Ordinary computers like those folks use to send e-mail or surf the Internet are being credited with finding a previously unknown neutron star.
CORNING, N.Y. - An ultra-strong glass that has been looking for a purpose since its invention in 1962 is poised to become a multibillion-dollar bonanza for Corning Inc.
Combine Facebook, Twitter, geocaching and a Lonely Planet guidebook, and what do you get? Gowalla.
- San Francisco board passes cell phone emission law
- San Francisco poised for cell phone radiation law
- New Hawaii telescope searches for killer asteroids
- Boats heading to teen sailor found in Indian Ocean
- Air Force: Tests didn't include troubled GPS unit
- Study: Consumers happier about their cell service
- Study on cell phone link to cancer inconclusive
- Study: Cell phone-brain cancer link inconclusive
- Major study on cell phones and cancer inconclusive
- GPS glitch hit some military systems in January
- Cell phone mania forces scramble for more airwaves
- Maine to consider cell phone cancer warning
- Our devices will spin denser webs of data in 2010s
- Teachers begin using cell phones for class lessons