ST. LOUIS - A Missouri lead producer has agreed to pay about $65 million to settle environmental violations at several of its sites in southeast Missouri, officials announced Friday.
WASHINGTON - A Democratic women's group is warning voters that a Republican takeover of Congress would mean "a dangerous world." EMILY's List President Stephanie Schriock on Thursday told a Washington audience that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul would be scrapped and Social Security would be at risk if Democrats lose their majority in the House.
HELENA, Mont. - Federal officials have denied Montana's request to hunt endangered gray wolves in response to the predators' increasing attacks on livestock and big-game herds.
HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania Democratic gubernatorial candidate Dan Onorato said Wednesday he doubts lawmakers will agree on the terms for a new tax on natural gas drilling this year, meaning the politically contentious issue would be handed off to the next governor and Legislature.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration must update its scientific tools for reviewing prescription drugs, medical devices and tracking food safety, according to a research plan laid out Wednesday by agency leadership.
- Oil industry aids effort to suspend CA climate law
- Interior denies protection for Calif. fish species
- Lieberman: Health care, politics nixed energy bill
- Western lawmakers turn sights on endangered wolves
- 62 mpg for new cars? It's the US target for 2025
- Gov't looking at 62 mpg goal for 2025 autos
- AP Sources: New vehicles could reach 62 mpg by '25
- AP sources: New vehicles may reach 62 mpg by 2025
- APNewsBreak: EPA official praises NM emission plan
- Wis. US Sen. hopeful: Global warming 'unproven'
- AP source: EPA seeks to regulate chemical in water
- Mines, Michigan regulators reach deal on cleanup
- Bill would exempt wolves from federal protection
- EPA fines BP $15 million for Texas City violations
- Gov't weighs gas mileage rules for 2017 and beyond
- Pa. DEP targets Texas driller for tainted water
- Texas regulators give permit to Gulf coal plant
- Emissions rules hang over Paris car show
- CEO tells AP wind investors need stable policies
- Montana, Idaho send wolf hunting plans to feds
- Schwarzenegger blasts big oil, defends climate law
- FTC says POM juice ads are deceptive about health
- Calif. push for renewables could blow across West
- EPA: 5 states must toughen Chesapeake Bay plans
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Palin targets health overhaul
- States expand efforts to combat 'funny honey'
- Calif voting on most aggressive energy standard
- Calif. wants third of its power renewable by 2020
- Tiger's course developers reach settlement
- Genetically altered salmon? It doesn't stop there
- NM enviro panel rebuts conflict-of-interest claims
- Big powers talk climate, no grand deal sighted
- Fish or frankenfish? FDA weighs altered salmon
- Brown calls on Whitman to state view on Prop. 23
- Farmers fear dust rules won't reflect rural life