TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. - Canadian and U.S.
COOS BAY, Ore. - An Oregon man says a great white shark knocked him off his surfboard near Winchester Bay.
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. - If huge, hungry Asian carp reach Lake Michigan, their long-dreaded invasion may turn out to be less ferocious than once expected because a tiny competitor is gobbling up their primary food source, some Great Lakes researchers say.
EVERETT, Wash. - Pilot Katharine Board often sees pods of blue, gray and killer whales as she flies along the California coast.
WASHINGTON - Consumer advocates urged the Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday to ensure that salmon engineered to grow twice as fast as the conventional variety are labeled in the grocery store as genetically modified.
- Company says modified salmon should get same label
- FDA considering whether to label engineered fish
- Fish or frankenfish? FDA weighs altered salmon
- FDA to consider approval of modified salmon
- Study: More omega-3 fats didn't aid heart patients
- Pea-sized frogs found in Borneo carnivorous plants
- Flotilla of stinging jellyfish hit Spanish beaches
- Task force finds obstacles remain to Ore. logging
- Groups study Great Lakes-Mississippi River split
- Amazon river dolphins being slaughtered for bait
- Lawmakers seek to speed efforts to stop Asian carp
- 1st lawsuit filed over Cape Cod wind farm plans
- Coalition sues feds over Cape Cod wind farm
- Report: Toxins found in whales bode ill for humans
- Danger at sea: Toxic metals threaten whales
- Nations fail to limit whaling, Japan still hunts
- Future of commercial whaling ban rests with Japan
- US top scientists urge coal, oil use penalties
- Israel to ban fishing in the Sea of Galilee
- Scientists in Oregon to discuss salmon safeguards
- Fla. researcher bitten while measuring sharks
- Commission proposes limited commercial whale hunts
- New study says oceans' chemistry changing rapidly
- New study says ocean chemistry changing rapidly
- Counting sea life, sometimes little things are big
- Study: Illegal whale meat surfacing at sushi bars
- Feds: Wyo. pocket gopher listing not warranted
- Study: Tests show illegal whale meat trade in Asia
- Tiny Tokelau declares 11th Pacific whale sanctuary
- Washington state moves to ban copper in brake pads
- Calif. gray whale-watchers fear dip in population
- Study: Closing Chicago locks would cost billions
- Death of coral reefs could devastate nations
- Endangered whale birth photos taken near Navy site
- Researchers back from Antarctic no-kill whale trip