NEW YORK - Scientists reported more progress Thursday with a method of creating stem cells without using embryos.
BOSTON - An infectious-disease nightmare is unfolding: Bacteria that have been made resistant to nearly all antibiotics by an alarming new gene have sickened people in three states and are popping up all over the world, health officials reported Monday.
BOSTON - Swine flu may have scared us straight, or maybe we're finally listening to our mothers.
BOSTON - Scientists may have found some ways to help the nation's bats, which are being wiped out by a novel fungal disease.
WASHINGTON - Promising medical research is in disarray as scientists await an appeal by the Obama administration of a judge's ruling that undercuts taxpayer-funded research using human embryonic stem cells.
- Stem cell ruling to be appealed; some work to stop
- Adult stem cell research far ahead of embryonic
- Stem cells reverse blindness caused by burns
- Study: Consumers happier about their cell service
- Counting sea life, sometimes little things are big
- Developing test to warn smokers of cancer danger
- No rabies found in wolves blamed in teacher death
- Osiris says stem cell therapy meets study goals
- NIH OKs first stem cell lines on tax-paid research