BEIJING - A giraffe at a zoo in northern China has given birth to the country's first pair of giraffe twins.
WASHINGTON - India's Pallava Bagla has been awarded the American Geophysical Union (AGU) David Perlman Award for Excellence in Science Journalism for his articles on the impact of climate change on Himalayan glaciers.
WASHINGTON - A new study has pointed out that chronic pain is takes a toll on primary care providers as well as their patients.
WASHINGTON - Stanford University and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory scientists' new method of capturing detailed, three-dimensional images of minute samples of material under extreme pressures is shedding light on the evolution of the Earth's interior.
WASHINGTON - Scientist have discovered that a new genetic biomarker, which indicates an increased risk for developing breast cancer, can be found in an individual's "junk" (non-coding) DNA.
- New improved model detects seismic activity more accurately
- Indian satellite launch vehicle now taller, heavier
- Coming soon: New taxi-driver software to guide you through jams!
- Stars forming ‘much more rapidly than previously believed’
- New genes as vital to life as old ones
- NASA’s Mars Opportunity rover getting travel tips from orbiting spacecraft
- Blocking the development of cancer cells’ feet
- How a gene mutation leads to autism
- Sex addiction is controllable, says expert
- First-ever measurement of magnetic field inside Earth’s core
- Microsoft Kinect used for interactive sex game by porn company
- Indian GSLV rocket now taller, heavier
- New molecular mechanisms involved in Alzheimer’s development identified
- Google’s new browser can map human body in 3D
- Brain spot where fear resides discovered
- Watch for total lunar eclipse before dawn Tuesday, Dec. 21
- World’s first quantum machine takes ‘Breakthrough of the Year’ title
- New genes are as essential for life as ancient ones: Study
- Why humans are more sensitive than chimps to certain viruses
- Tigers on the prowl: Saving big cats through art
- Emotional intelligence sharpens as we enter our 60s
- Super-early signs of Alzheimer’s revealed
- Genome code for most common form of pediatric brain cancer cracked
- Going out in the midday sun may be good for you
- Friendless kids risk spiraling into depression by adolescence: Study