WASHINGTON - Weighing privacy vs. security after 9/11, the Supreme Court seemed unwilling Tuesday to stop federal investigations into the private lives of people who want to work at government installations - even those who don't have security clearances and don't work on secret projects.
WASHINGTON - An appeals court ruled Tuesday that government funding of embryonic stem cell research can continue for now.
RENO, Nev. - A federal judge has denied a request by animal rights advocates to halt roundups of wild horses after the federal government quietly gathered nearly 400 mustangs at a national wildlife refuge on the Nevada-Oregon line.
WASHINGTON - Sen. Arlen Specter said Thursday that Congress should "get busy" on giving legal stature to the federal funding of human embryonic stem cell research to avoid giving a final say on the issue to a conservative Supreme Court.
BOISE, Idaho - The Bureau of Land Management must release the names and addresses of people with grazing permits on the nation's public land, a federal judge has ruled.
- Appeals court allows stem cell funding for now
- Court asked to keep stem cell money flowing
- Judge won't let stem cell money keep flowing
- Federal judge orders revised spotted owl plan
- Judge says drilling lease lawsuit too late
- Feds appeal order blocking stem cell research
- Judge: LA Port's clean trucks program can proceed
- Judge orders EPA not to destroy records UP wants
- Obama appeals stem cell ruling; some work to stop
- Stem cell ruling to be appealed; some work to stop
- UP has doubts about EPA agreement on Omaha records
- Obama mulls options after stem cell plan blocked
- Obama stem cell regulations temporarily blocked
- ID sugar beet farmers troubled by judge's decision
- Appeals court: Mud from logging roads is pollution
- Judge's ruling uproots use of biotechnology beets
- Raw almond producers fight fed rules
- Wildlife advocates hail Rocky Mountain wolf ruling
- Judge orders protections reinstated for gray wolf
- Judge orders protections reinstated for wolf
- Judge: FWS plan excluded possible lynx habitat
- Federal court reverses TVA emissions ruling
- Judge grills feds on pulling Utah drilling leases
- Judge halts oil, gas development on Chukchi Sea
- Ca. judge approves discovery plan in Toyota case
- Petition seeks to have wolves howl across US
- Federal officials resume Nevada wild horse roundup