KOLKATA - People in Kolkata shivered Wednesday as the city recorded its coldest day in seven years with the mercury dipping to a low of 9.6 degrees Celsius.
NEW DELHI - While a bright sun cheered the winter-hit people in the national capital and many north Indian cities Wednesday, bitter cold and heavy fog continued to haunt others elsewhere.
NEW DELHI - The severe chill of the past few days gave way to a warm bright day Wednesday with the mercury level going past the 20 degrees Celsius-mark for the first time this year.
KOCHI - A Kochi-based firm Wednesday launched what it claimed as India's first multi-platform auto fare calculating application that uses GPS.
WASHINGTON - A new study has unlocked some surprising traits of the echidnas. Tasmanian researchers have found that these spiky mammals are particularly not careful at all when it comes to sex.
- New drugs show promise in treating dangerous blood clots
- New hope for patients with end-stage liver disease
- Winter tourism blamed for mountain bird decline
- Genetic mutation helps plants use less water without biomass loss
- MySpace to close Oz ops in order to cut 500 jobs
- Coiled nanowires bring stretchable electronics closer to reality
- Knee protectors can cause skin problems
- The devout tend to have more children
- Poker faced professions more taxing on emotions
- Online piracy websites attract billions of visits yearly
- Using dogs to ’sniff out’ wildlife
- Bronze Age leaders used power effectively to create stable social system
- New ‘Headphone Hoodie’ lets you play music from your hoodie!
- How environmental changes affect bird behaviors
- New system uses sunlight to make clean water from waste effluents
- Himachal’s plastic waste drive may earn it national award
- How social influences affect weight status in young adults
- Acne bug ‘could be the cause of infections’
- Planck reveals unseen wonders of the universe
- Recognizing diversity can actually encourage people to help each other
- Man or a woman? Our perceptions are decided by sense of touch
- Thunderstorms blast antimatter clouds into space
- Now, Google to transcend language barriers
- Life expectancy for ‘early modern and late archaic humans was same’
- New study finds a possible off-switch for anxiety
- How chlamydia can increase the risk of an ectopic pregnancy
- New findings may lead to a novel treatment for obesity
- Eating plenty of vegetables is key to a glowing skin
- Why guys look tough and girls tender
- World Bank to help save Ganga dolphins
- Expert chess players use twice the brain: Study
- Eating fruits and vegetables gives you a healthy tan
- Hair loss drug may result in loss of libido in men
- Solar car sets speed record
- Slight respite from chill in Kashmir, snowfall likely
- Fog returns in Chandigarh, mercury below normal
- Potential therapeutic target for multiple sclerosis identified
- Shingles vaccine cuts risk by 55 pc: Study
- Elephants demolish a dozen houses in Chhattisgarh village
- US can overcome India, China challenge: US scholar
- Big babies ‘may have helped define the shape of modern human societies’
- Why Facebook is sucking up more of your time
- Water on moon ‘originated from comets’
- Could coffee be the answer to hangovers?
- Over 4.5 lakh migratory birds wintering at Chilika Lake