WASHINGTON - Computer scientists in Arizona have demonstrated new software that enables the blind to 'see' their printed portrait images.
LONDON - The behavioural difference between liars and truth-tellers is thin. Is there a way to separate the wheat of truth from a chaff of lies?
LONDON - The results of a multicenter clinical trial, led by researchers at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), hold potentially good news for preterm infants who develop an eye condition that may cause blindness.
WASHINGTON - A York University psychology professor has said that one of the tough challenges a parent faces when a child dies is to learn how to parent the surviving children, and the task begins immediately.
NEW DELHI - Atmospheric experts in China have said that cloud seeding experiments to encourage rain will not hurt the environment.
- Scientists find binary switch that turns ‘aging process on and off’
- Key culprit in breast cancer metastasis identified
- Statins may help fight HIV
- 1 in 5 homeless people with TB die within a year of their diagnosis: Toronto study
- Water softeners ‘do not bring relief for kids with eczema’
- Kids as young as 5 can learn to use computer mouse
- Two thirds of permafrost likely to melt by 2200
- New alloy to boost energy conversion by 25 percent
- Babies can count from 18 months of age: Study
- ‘Promiscuous’ chimps produce more sperm
- Humans and dolphins ‘talk’ using primitive language in new study
- Twitter, Facebook leave people ‘more lonely’
- Being pessimistic may lower painkiller’s effectiveness: Study
- Finding a way to extend tomato shelf life
- ‘Killer paper’ could improve food safety
- Why some people find it difficult to wake up in the morning
- Why males have a higher incidence of autism than females
- Japanese embassy in China launches micro blog
- Fresh snow freezes Shimla at 0.6 degrees
- Herschel reveals how much dark matter it takes to form new galaxy
- Facebook friends ‘can stress you out’
- Greenhouse emissions led to increase in extreme rains, says study
- Scientists accidentally discover possible cure for hair loss
- Study suggests being short may protect your from cancer, diabetes
- Unprecedented cyber attack on Canada linked to China
- Dialling 5683 on your mobile ‘can arouse love in your mind’