LOS ANGELES - NASA announced Wednesday that it has postponed the launch of its earth-orbiting Glory Mission spacecraft due to technical problems, Xinhua reported.
LOS ANGELES - A weather system that occurs only once every 10 or 15 years is pounding southern California with record rainfall and could cause massive mudslides as it continues through the week, meteorologists said Monday.
LOS ANGELES - A surfer has been killed after being bitten by a shark while body boarding off a beach at Vandenberg Air Force Base in Santa Barbara County, the Santa Maria Times reported Friday.
LOS ANGELES (GaeaTimes.com) -- Two Russian scientists Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov won the Nobel Prize for physics for their groundbreaking experiments with super-thin carbon matter.
LOS ANGELES - Green is always in fashion in Hollywood, and two American entrepreneurs are being honored for their ecological contributions.
- Study shows progress with stem cell alternative
- Judge to Target: Stop trashing hazardous products
- Calif. utility stumbles on 1.4M years old fossils
- Brown calls on Whitman to state view on Prop. 23
- People with lots of friends live 3.7yrs longer than those who are isolated
- Letter calls on Boeing to join CA lab cleanup deal
- Greenest state behind the waste-to-energy race
- LA artists fight to save city's legacy of murals
- Emmy Countdown: Fans wait to see stars
- Truckers to appeal ruling for LA anti-smog program
- Judge: LA Port's clean trucks program can proceed
- Los Angeles Zoo is home to 22 baby Komodo dragons
- 200 homes evacuated due to wildfire in US
- Infant skeletons found in Calif. basement trunk
- Obama launches 3 days of fundraising travel
- Watch Meteor Shower Tonight
- New SuperRally promises chaos for X Games drivers
- Ground broken for wind energy project in Mojave
- Adams heirs skeptical about lost negatives claim
- Heat brings out the cool in zoos across the nation
- 25,000 new asteroids found by NASA's sky mapping
- Dairy owners promote camel milk benefits
- Weekend total solar eclipse visible to lucky few
- 'Eclipse' rises to $82.5M over holiday weekend
- 'Twilight' falls sharply but makes it to $161M
- 'Twilight' eclipses record with $68.5M debut
- LA show has largest traveling exhibit of mummies
- Partial lunar eclipse visible in western skies
- Regulators OK voluntary rail yard emission cuts
- Calif. regulators to vote on rail emission cuts
- Stem cells reverse blindness caused by burns
- Scientists discover bacteria that can clean oil spill
- Amateur astronomer spots another Jupiter strike
- 15 bald eagles born this year on Calif. islands
- Huge air pollution study under way in California