BHUBANESWAR - India Wednesday successfully conducted two tests of its indigenously developed nuclear-capable ballistic missile Prithvi-II from a military base in Orissa, defence officials said.
BHUBANESWAR - India Wednesday successfully tested its indigenously developed nuclear-capable ballistic missile Prithvi-II from a military base in Orissa, defence sources said.
SRINAGAR - As the 40-day harsh period of winter known as 'Chillai Kalan' began in the Kashmir Valley Tuesday, people were gearing up to brave the chill with grandmother's recipes tinged with nostalgia.
CHENNAI - The Tamil Nadu government is in the process of formulating an action plan on climate change on the lines of the national action plan, Deputy Chief Minister M.K. Stalin said Tuesday.
CHENNAI - The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will Wednesday take a decision on the delayed rocket launch, meant to put an advanced communications satellite into orbit, after getting results of tests on a leaking engine valve.
- Orissa shivers through coldest day of season
- Year’s shortest day Wednesday
- Kerala cricketers get green notice for felling mangroves
- 1bn Internet users’ interests being tracked online by data sharing firm
- New study on how liver disease develops upends previous assumptions
- Boosting key brain chemical cuts fatigue in mice
- NASA scientists’ breakthrough in determining hyperactivity of black holes
- Global waterways fuelling growth of greenhouse gas nitrous oxide
- Giving up menthol ciggies may be harder for some smokers
- Study reveals links to abnormal rhythms behind sudden death, heart damage
- Tanning beds still popular despite skin cancer risk
- New breathing therapy reduces panic and anxiety
- Training better than drugs and jabs in treating tennis elbow
- Blacks more likely than whites to die from live cancer: Study
- Family identifies first US face transplant donor
- Decline in number of winged visitors to Delhi zoo
- BMW ad ‘burns’ logo on to cinegoers’ eyelids
- Our brains have built-in lie detector
- ‘Bionic eye’ to help the blind ’see’
- Mice study finds link between depression and inflammatory response
- Ocean acidification alters nitrogen cycling in world seas
- New technology could sequence a person’s genome in minutes
- Why Alzheimer’s patients could forget that zebras have stripes
- Kashmir’s ‘Chillai Kalan’ begins, bringing on chill and memories
- Julian Assange turns on enemies, allies to defend self
- Dogs can tell size of another dog by listening to its growls
- It’s true - winter blues really do exist!
- Autistic kids lack visual skills essential for independence: Study
- Robotic surgery shows promise for head and neck cancer
- An iPhone app that acts like a ‘therapist’ to soothe your soul
- Food in early life affects fertility: Study
- World’s best selling anti-baldness drug ‘risking men’s sexual health’
- Part of our brain that tells us when someone lying discovered
- Injectable, oral contraceptives ‘don’t affect glucose, insulin levels’
- It’s natural for girls to play with dolls and boys to like guns
- Neuroimaging ‘predicts’ which dyslexics will learn to read
- Tiger killed in Chhattisgarh
- Were the ancestors of T.rex vegetarian?
- Dinos’ evolving beaks were like ‘Swiss Army knives’
- Cold morning in Delhi
- Human immune system has emergency backup plan
- Electronic nose smells cancer
- It’s the eyes that make a face look alive: Study