JUNAGADH - Union Forest and Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh Thursday again pressed for a second home for the Asiatic lion to obviate fears of an epidemic wiping out this carnivore.
NEW DELHI - Cold winds swept the national capital Thursday, bringing down the day temperature below what is normal for this time of the year.
LONDON - Almost two-thirds of people struggle to get a good night's rest, which according to a British research, constitutes a major public health concern.
WASHINGTON - Scientists are working on eliminating bad odours at the source, rather than masking them with room fresheners.
LONDON - Nutritionists have declared that bread, far from being something to avoid, is actually beneficial for your health.
- NASA Announcement Opens New Vistas In Astronomy
- Deodorant made from nanoparticles to eliminate unpleasant odours
- Do hormones dictate breeding success in birds?
- In Paris joint, whaff flavours of your choice
- Growth-factor-containing nanoparticles speed up healing of chronic wounds
- How pathogenic bacteria hide inside host cells
- How migratory butterflies use ‘compass and sunlight’ to find their way
- iPhone swipe enough to pay for your shopping
- New genetic strategy makes T-cells resistant to HIV infection
- Fixing eyes on the horizon will make you steady on ship: Study
- Remains of Iron Age dog guarding ancient treasure unearthed
- 3-prong approach to protect your OS from attacks
- Gulf spill study shows long-term toxic effect of dispersants
- Why flashy females are great mates
- New finding shows promise in the fight against Alzheimer’s
- Low socioeconomic status ‘ups depression risk in rheumatoid arthritis patients’
- Greenland ice sheet is safer than scientists previously believed
- Why we should let daughters play outside, even if they get a little dirty
- Potential therapeutic target for improving long-term memory identified
- Facebook couples ‘end up in bed quicker’
- ‘Difficult’ patients ‘more likely to report worse symptoms’
- Mechanism that controls 24-hour clock of all forms of life discovered
- Looking at horizon will make you steady on ship
- Cold nights, warmer days in Punjab, Haryana
- Our genome more closely related to orangutans than chimps
- Cheap, flexible plastic solar panels to end developing countries’ power woes
- Food-borne bug causes fatal heart infection
- Increasing efficiency could cut global power usage by over 70pc
- Facebook blames bug for Zuckerberg’s account ‘hacking’
- Brain chemical boosts memory, could treat Alzheimer’s
- Facebook to sell users activities to advertisers
- Over 30 mammals in Myanmar declared protected animals