CHANDIGARH - Already famous for its gardens and dense green cover, this joint capital of Punjab and Haryana, visited by nearly one million tourists each year, is all set to get a theme-based 'Japanese Garden' with a Japanese-styled tower, lanterns, tea house and pagoda huts.
Mexico City, Jan 30 (IANS/EFE) About 180 Mexican archaeological sites and 116 museums are being made available for virtual visits via the Google Earth platform from any part of the world, Mexican authorities and executives of Google Latin America said.
NEW DELHI - Delhi was greeted by a slightly misty morning, but it was a relatively warm Saturday as the maximum temperature was recorded at 23.3 degrees Celsius, a degree above the season's average.
SHIMLA - After imposing a ban on the use of all types of polythene bags made of non-biodegradable materials, Himachal Pradesh has decided to ban disposable plastic products from August this year, an official said here Saturday.
WASHINGTON - A new study has found that the activity of certain brain nerve cells can be deliberately influenced by using magnetic stimulation.
- New study applies existing theory to predict floods
- Do plants pay a price for evolving with complex defense mechanisms?
- Exposure to worm infection in the womb ‘cuts eczema risk’
- Mini-strokes create lasting damage to the brain
- Scientists unlock the ‘gates’ on sudden cardiac death
- Saturnian moon may have fizzy ocean capable of harbouring life
- Cancer drug shows promise in regeneration of spinal cord injuries
- Global IP address stock ‘nearing depletion’
- Study sheds light on asteroid deflection strategy to avert collision
- Relief in Valley as mercury rises to minus 1.4
- Study solves 35-yr-old medical mystery using genetics
- Antibiotic paves way for novel anti-cancer agents
- New laser sensing technology ’sniffs bombs, pollutants from a distance’
- Presence of peers ‘heightens teens’ sensitivity to rewards of a risk’
- Whipping ‘won’t make racehorses run faster’
- DNA’s rock ‘n rollin’ alter ego
- Chilly, misty morning in Delhi
- Vitamin D deficiency alters lung structure and function
- Helping others helps alcoholics become and stay sober
- Touching a man’s arm is the best way to his heart
- Humans switched from living in trees to on the ground 4.2mn yrs ago
- Root cause of blood vessel damage in people with diabetes discovered
- Age of onset of puberty predicts adult osteoporosis risk
- Mini choppers inspired by spinning seeds could soon be a reality
- Modern humans would easily beat Neanderthals in a marathon
- It’s official: Jupiter was hit by an asteroid in 2009, not a comet