SRINAGAR - With a rise in mercury, flocks of pochards, mallards, shovellers and other winged visitors are gearing up to bid adieu to the famous Hokarsar bird reserve here and head back to their summer homes in Siberia, China and Japan.
SRINAGAR - Kashmir Valley is in for another spell of inclement weather with rain and snow likely at many places.
SRINAGAR - Kashmir Valley saw rain and snowfall for the second consecutive day Sunday and the weather office forecast more wet weather in the next two days.
SRINAGAR - "Lunch from Krishna Dhaba - kaddi chawal and some rajma - mmmmmmmmmmmm." That's a tweet from none other than Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah who is opening a window to his own life, shooting off opinions on terrorism and even promising to get transformers fixed - on microblogging site Twitter.
SRINAGAR - There was widespread rain and snowfall across the Kashmir Valley Monday and the weatherman said more wet weather was in store for the region.
- Temperatures rise in Jammu and Kashmir, but cold stays
- Fresh snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway
- Relief in Valley as mercury rises to minus 1.4
- Chill continues in Kashmir, snow and rain likely
- Freezing winter continues in Kashmir Valley
- Kashmir Valley in cold grip, Leh minus 11.4
- Winter chill freezes Kashmir Valley, Leh
- Biting chill continues in Kashmir, mercury slips
- Srinagar battles frozen taps, winter woes at minus 5.6
- Kashmir’s grandpas miss winter’s icicles, storytellers
- Chilly winds add to bitter cold in Kashmir
- Kashmir freezes over, Pahalgam minus 16.1
- Heavy snowfall halts life in Kashmir Valley
- Snowfall in north Kashmir, Ladakh continues to freeze
- Snow closes Srinagar-Jammu national highway
- Srinagar gets slight relief from cold, still freezing in Ladakh
- Srinagar warmer at minus 2.2 degrees, expects snowfall
- Cold wave continues in Kashmir, relief expected Saturday
- Freeze continues in Kashmir, Leh minus 20.2
- Bone chilling cold in Kashmir as Leh freezes
- Harsh cold in Kashmir, Leh is minus 23.6 degrees
- Snow blocks Srinagar highway, all flights cancelled
- Season’s first snow in Kashmir brings respite
- Snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway
- Kashmir freezes, Leh minus 15.2 degrees
- Cold wave freezes Kashmir, Leh minus 12.6
- At minus 5.2, Dal Lake freezes in Srinagar
- Chilblains, ducks tickle Kashmir’s memories of ‘Chillai Kalan’
- Kashmir’s ‘Chillai Kalan’ begins, bringing on chill and memories
- Leh, Kargil freeze, cold wave on in Srinagar
- Bitter cold in Kashmir with below freezing temperatures
- Coldest day in Srinagar at minus 3.8 degrees
- Srinagar shivers at minus 3.4, Leh freezes at minus 12.8
- In they fly, in thousands, keeping winter date with Kashmir (Letter from Kashmir)
- Kashmir gets season’s first snowfall, early winter chill