SRINAGAR - With a rise in mercury, flocks of pochards, mallards, shovellers and other winged visitors are gearing up to bid adieu to the famous Hokarsar bird reserve here and head back to their summer homes in Siberia, China and Japan.
SRINAGAR - Kashmir Valley is in for another spell of inclement weather with rain and snow likely at many places.
SRINAGAR - Kashmir Valley saw rain and snowfall for the second consecutive day Sunday and the weather office forecast more wet weather in the next two days.
SRINAGAR - The north Kashmir ski resort of Gulmarg witnessed its coldest night of the season with a low of minus 10 degrees Celsius while the strategic Srinagar-Jammu national highway remained open for two-way traffic Thursday.
SRINAGAR - "Lunch from Krishna Dhaba - kaddi chawal and some rajma - mmmmmmmmmmmm." That's a tweet from none other than Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah who is opening a window to his own life, shooting off opinions on terrorism and even promising to get transformers fixed - on microblogging site Twitter.
- Sun shines bright on Kashmir after rain, snow
- Rain, snowfall across Kashmir Valley
- Snow likely in Kashmir Valley, avalanche alert sounded
- Temperatures rise in Jammu and Kashmir, but cold stays
- Fresh snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway
- Relief in Valley as mercury rises to minus 1.4
- Chill continues in Kashmir, snow and rain likely
- Leh in deep freeze at minus 20 degrees, Srinagar at minus 4.6
- Freezing winter continues in Kashmir Valley
- Kashmir Valley in cold grip, Leh minus 11.4
- Winter chill freezes Kashmir Valley, Leh
- Biting chill continues in Kashmir, mercury slips
- Srinagar battles frozen taps, winter woes at minus 5.6
- Kashmir’s grandpas miss winter’s icicles, storytellers
- Chilly winds add to bitter cold in Kashmir
- Kashmir freezes over, Pahalgam minus 16.1
- Heavy snowfall halts life in Kashmir Valley
- Fresh snowfall in Kashmir, Srinagar-Jammu highway closed
- Srinagar minimum temperature rises, snowfall likely in valley
- Slight respite from chill in Kashmir, snowfall likely
- Snowfall in north Kashmir, Ladakh continues to freeze
- Snow closes Srinagar-Jammu national highway
- Srinagar gets slight relief from cold, still freezing in Ladakh
- Srinagar warmer at minus 2.2 degrees, expects snowfall
- Cold wave continues in Kashmir, relief expected Saturday
- Srinagar shivers at minus 5.4 degrees, Leh at minus 23
- Freeze continues in Kashmir, Leh minus 20.2
- Bone chilling cold in Kashmir as Leh freezes
- Harsh cold in Kashmir, Leh is minus 23.6 degrees
- Snow blocks Srinagar highway, all flights cancelled
- Season’s first snow in Kashmir brings respite
- Snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway
- Marginal improvement in Kashmir weather
- Light snowfall expected in Kashmir Thursday
- Kashmir freezes, Leh minus 15.2 degrees