SHIMLA - Himachal Pradesh may experience heavy rain and snowfall in the next two days, a weather official said here Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - As many as 14 tigers have died in the country till February this year alone, including two due to poaching, Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh told Lok Sabha Tuesday.
LONDON - The silk moth's antenna has inspired researchers from the University of Michigan to develop a better nanotechnology tool that could help understand a class of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's.
WASHINGTON - A new brain imaging study has revealed that just the mere sight or smell of food elevates dopamine - a brain chemical linked to reward and motivation - levels in binge eaters.
WASHINGTON - A lifestyle intervention can help women control their weight gain during and after pregnancy, according to a new study.
- How game of golf won ‘The King’s Speech’ its Oscars
- Customized health messages help quit smoking in 4 months, says study
- Now a billboard that profiles people, flashes ads as per their tastes
- New personalized therapy to ‘fool cancer cells into killing themselves’
- Junk DNA makes humans so different from primates
- E-books on the rise with sales of digital books growing 18-fold in 2010
- French team unearths Maurya dynasty wall in Bangladesh
- Protein pathway find may help solve Parkinson’s disease
- Most lottery winners choose to save money than squander it
- Team achieves record 1 trillion bits per second speed on single chip
- In the blind, brain parts used for vision can help understand languages
- Lottery winners remain unchanged after windfall
- Jumbos kill 116 in Chhattisgarh in five years
- Anti-tumor drug that also fights flu virus
- Parts of brain can switch functions
- 40-million-year-old mating mites reveal sex role reversal
- Oz firms develop first beer that can be consumed in space
- Mums, not dads, pass on Alzheimer’s risk: Study
- Soon, nasal spray vaccine to fight Alzheimer’s, stroke
- Make important life decisions when you really have to pee
- Copying strategies best for your genes: Study
- Movement to save the Yamuna gains momentum
- Gut bacteria can control functions of organs: Study
- No kids ‘the secret to marital bliss’
- Old bones being used in development of new treatments for modern back pain
- Meteorites ‘may have sparked life on Earth’
- Water demand will exceed supply by 40pc within 20 yrs, warn scientists
- Human stem cells from fat tissue successfully fuse with rat heart cells and beat
- Acupressure effective in helping to treat traumatic brain injury
- Dogs were seen as thinking, social beings 7000 years ago
- ‘Hopping’ bot to explore Moon valleys, hilltops by firing rocket nozzles
- Google accidentally wipes accounts of 150,000 Gmail users
- Genes associated with binge drinking identified