SAN FRANCISCO - The world will have 5.3 billion mobile phone subscribers by the end of the year, the International Telecommunications Union has predicted in a new report, publicised at its annual conference in Guadalajara, Mexico.
JERUSALEM - The Israeli army plans to block several leading social networking websites, including Facebook and Twitter, for security concerns, an official said Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - In a new study by the NASA team operating the infrared Spitzer Space Telescope a warm spot has been seen in the atmosphere of a 'hot Jupiter' exoplanet.
WASHINGTON - Scientists from Arizona State University and the Norwegian University of Life Sciences have examined how aging impacts the ability of honey bees to find their way home.
- People are better at strategic reasoning than was thought: Study
- Now, feel your lover’s heartbeat through a digital heart!
- ‘Follow law when using wildlife species for academics’
- Pill can trigger a woman’s jealous side
- Scientists urge one-way Martian colonization missions
- Quantum mechanics allows ‘cryptography over longer distances’
- Kilogram to be redefined soon?
- Pterosaurs could fly non-stop for 10,000 miles
- Activity of gene in the brain depends on genetic background
- Why batteries lose their ability to hold a charge as they age
- Batteries smaller than a grain of salt on the anvil
- Drug marketing influences docs’ prescribing habits: Study
- Cartoonist maps world of social networking
- A new and simple sensor to sniff out shoe bombs
- Surgeon DaVinci meets anaesthetist McSleepy in first all-robo operation
- Our brain can ’see’ an object just by ‘listening to it’
- Drought may threaten much of globe in coming decades
- Why some people feel tipsier than others just after a few drinks
- New study brings cure for Parkinson’s disease a step closer
- Long-term air pollution exposure ‘ups risk of severe COPD’
- Fetal alcohol exposure linked to a decrease in cognitive performance
- How leptin therapy improves type 1 diabetes
- Study reveals why the leopard got its spots
- Scenes of nature ‘cut cancer patients’ pain’
- Now, hairbrush that reads your mind
- Google Street Viewers spot ‘God’ floating over lake in Swiss skies!
- Dogs reduce stress in autistic children: Study
- How sex hormones influence right heart function
- Even turtles and wasps need a little play time
- Low testosterone ‘may raise risk of early death’
- Icebergs bombed by asteroids 600mn-yrs-ago ‘created early life’
- ‘Neanderthals shopped at stone-age Tiffany’s’ theory debunked
- Laser surgery for long-sightedness to make specs history
- Elusive green comet Hartley 2 will be visible today
- New fluorescent light surface may kill MRSA
- It’s official! Booze impairs decision-making
- Anorexia nervosa ’causes potentially serious eye damage’
- Internet users to surpass two billion by end of 2010
- Lasers can cure long-sightedness too
- Clenching fists can help ease painful moments
- The Pill can make a woman ‘green-eyed monster’
- Now, crunchy and spicy soy snacks to boost nutrition in Indian kids
- Neanderthal children were ‘large, sturdy and toothy’
- Fish oil during pregnancy ‘does not cut risk of post-natal depression’
- Get off the wheels for a day — to battle pollution