WASHINGTON - The surface of the moon contains not just water, but a rich mix of elements, including silver and carbon dioxide, astronomers said Thursday.
NEW DELHI - It was a warm and humid day in the national capital Thursday, the weather office said, predicting rain Friday.
LONDON - Apple has unveiled the thinnest, lightest laptop ever which combines features from the iPhone and iPad with traditional series of MacBook.
WASHINGTON - The alarming health trend over the last few decades is that shocking childhood obesity rates are on the rise and require urgent attention.
WASHINGTON - A new study has revealed that oestrogen therapy used by menopausal women causes a type of ovarian cancer to grow five times faster.
- OCD linked to common childhood illness
- Nightmares occur more frequently than thought
- Chinese scientist traces origin of Indus River to southwest China
- Coral reefs across Indian Ocean dying: Experts
- Scientists discover ‘clock protein’ that regulates circadian rhythms
- iPhone app ‘Ugly Meter’ can be hurtful to kids, say critics
- New study resolves years-long scientific debate
- Oral sex putting men at risk for throat cancer
- Now plastic from milk protein and clay
- Depression linked to chronic brain inflammation
- Coming soon: Stronger, more durable plastic consumer products
- Cars bigger culprits than planes in global warming
- Gulf-spill oil consumed by microbes far more than thought earlier
- New mums ‘grow bigger brains within months of birth’
- All-electric spintronic semiconductor devices created
- Sparrows eavesdrop to distinguish good neighbours from bad
- Synthetic DNA spray tracks burglars
- Protein that may fight against inflammatory disease identified
- Women 14pc more likely to survive trauma than men
- Potential therapeutic target across a range of cancer types found
- World’s smallest on-chip low-pass filter to revolutionize wireless communication
- Daughters of obese fathers ‘more likely to develop diabetes-like disease’
- Asia ‘most vulnerable to climate change’
- Dopamine model could aid treatment of schizophrenia, drug addiction
- Climate change may result in tipping point for populations, not just species
- Why some people excel at riding bikes or tying a tie
- Gene therapy to brain may treat major depression
- Penguins too ‘have gay flings’
- Autistic people ‘more likely to be taken in by magic tricks, illusions’
- A hormone to help you live longer, but only if you are rich!
- In 20 yrs, ‘human brain and memory backup might be stored on hard disk!’
- Black rice may relieve inflammation caused by allergies, asthma
- Harm reduction ciggies ‘more harmful than conventional brands’
- Car-travel in longer run hikes global temperatures more than air travel