NAGOYA - The Oct 18-29 UN biodiversity summit ended here Friday with agreement over a strategic plan on how to protect animals and plants, how to provide money for it, and how to share the revenues for medicines and cosmetics produced from medicinal plants.
NAGOYA - The Oct 18-29 UN biodiversity summit Thursday appointed India as one of the facilitators in an attempt to reach a global deal that aims to halt the loss of plants, animals and their habitats by 2020.
NAGOYA - Representatives of 192 countries are engaged in round-the-clock negotiations here to work out a non-legal agreement, as the Oct 18-29 talks on biodiversity draw to a close.
NAGOYA - A fifth of the world's mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and fishes are in imminent danger of going extinct, says this year's edition of the benchmark IUCN Red List.
NAGOYA - With animals and plants disappearing fast, scientists have made a plea to save 587 sites around the globe that are home to 920 species on the brink of extinction.
- Rich reluctant to pay for medicines, biodiversity deal stuck
- Countries argue over how to save forests
- India plays mediator at biodiversity summit
- Honda subcompact Fit hybrid goes on sale in Japan
- Japan looking to sell 'smart' cities to the world
- Panasonic raises Sanyo, electric unit stakes
- Trio wins Nobel for developing key chemistry tool
- List of recent Nobel Prize in chemistry winners
- 2 Japanese, American share chemistry Nobel
- South Korea: NKorea's nuclear threat 'dangerous'
- Toyota Prius sales fall for 1st time in 17 months
- Toyota shows smart-grid technology for its plug-in
- Is Japan JAXA’s Solar Sail IKAROS a Solution for Energy Crisis?
- Reports: Toyota in talks with Daimler on hybrids
- Toyota Prius top-selling car in Japan for August
- Threats keep dolphin protest out of Japan village
- Japan calls for transparent labor rules in China
- Summary Box: Quiet Prius will have noisier option
- AP Exclusive: Japanese mayor defends dolphin hunts
- US farmers hope to soon sell more corn to China
- Toyota's Prius tops Japan car sales for 15th month
- Toyota posts $2.2 bln profit as car sales recover
- Hiroshima mayor, China activists win 'Asian Nobel'
- Toyota recalls 412,000 cars in US to fix steering
- Toyota recalls 412,000 cars, mostly large sedans
- China to send 2 pandas to Japan in diplomatic move
- Toyota subpoenaed by US grand jury over steering
- Toyota subpoenaed by federal grand jury
- Honda plans electric vehicle, plug-in in 2012
- 'The Cove' star says dolphin video shows cruelty
- Japanese spacecraft may have dust from asteroid
- Japanese probe may have dust from asteroid
- Toshiba to develop batteries for electric vehicles
- Japan automakers report surge in global production
- G20 leaders facing worries about rising deficits