NEW DELHI - It was a misty Friday morning in the capital and the weather office said it will be sunny as the day progresses but the evening would be chilly.
WASHINGTON - A group of astronomers has estimated that as many as one in four stars similar to the Sun could be orbited by Earth-size planets.
NEW DELHI - Delhiites can look forward to early onset of winter now that mercury levels are dipping and the city is witnessing chilly mornings and evenings, the weatherman says.
NEW DELHI - As many as 122 animals, including four cobras, were rescued from venues of the just concluded Commonwealth Games, officials said Thursday.
NEW DELHI - The Public Diplomacy Division (www.indiandiplomacy.in) of the Ministry of External Affairs has been chosen for the prestigious India eGov 2.0 Awards 2010 for the most innovative use of Social Media and Web 2.0 tools in government.
- PETA opposes sending elephants to Turkmenistan
- Assam orders probe into killing of elephant calf
- Brit woman shocked to find her identity stolen on Facebook
- Child abuse victims ‘more prone to post-traumatic stress disorder’
- Ancestors of humans evolved in Asia, not Africa
- New discovery may lead to novel treatments for a variety of cancers
- China makes world’s fastest supercomputer
- Brain cells can play with complex computer images
- Exposure to plastics chemical linked to reduced semen quality
- Most preschool-age children exceed daily screen time recommendations
- Assassin bugs lure spiders by mimicking prey caught in webs
- ‘Smart’ lung cancer drug shows promise
- NASA planning one-way mission to colonise Mars
- Scientists raise concerns about ‘healthful’ plant-based antioxidants’ safety
- Mind control over computers may soon be possible
- Each of us carries up to 100 of the genes linked to cancer, diabetes: Study
- NASA’s ‘Hundred Years Starship’ ‘to take you to Mars but never return’
- NASA’s Artemis mission to shed light on Moon’s space environment
- Women in their 20s ’should freeze ovaries to boost pregnancy chances’
- ‘Speed gun’ for Earth’s insides developed
- Action ‘needed to save archaeological sites threatened by rising seas’
- The secret behind cone snail’s venom pump discovered
- Device that reads and interprets your dreams may soon be a reality
- Buckyballs much more common and abundant in universe than thought
- Deep freeze may have spawned complex life on Earth
- Cheap reading glasses ‘can cost you your eyesight’
- High-tech ‘Sugru’ putty ‘an emergency fix for anything in the house’
- 14 million years old fossil found in Pakistan
- New Android app lets you spy on lover’s text messages!
- Tobacco’s content of toxic nicotine ‘makes it an excellent green pesticide’
- Brain hyperactivity ‘responsible for involuntary flashbacks’
- Why thinking of Marilyn Monroe might light up our brain
- Human ancestors ‘colonized’ Africa 39 mn yrs ago
- Sex differences in the brain ‘exaggerated, forcing gender stereotypes’
- A stick-on film that protects phone users from radiation
- Beached whale dies in Brazil
- ‘Gold bullet’ to kill breast cancer cells on the anvil
- Most massive neutron star discovered
- Gene that predisposes some people to have liberal outlook found