NAGOYA - The Oct 18-29 UN biodiversity summit ended here Friday with agreement over a strategic plan on how to protect animals and plants, how to provide money for it, and how to share the revenues for medicines and cosmetics produced from medicinal plants.
NEW DELHI - India will send an expedition to the South Pole to study changes in climate patterns that have taken place in Antarctica in the last thousands of years, an official said here Friday.
BANGALORE - India has successfully test flown its unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) Nishant with new technology for monitoring its structural health in flight, a defence official said Friday.
NEW DELHI - Thunderstorm and a light drizzle were expected in Delhi, the weather office said Friday when cloudy skies hung over parts of the city.
MELBOURNE - A Facebook page that extols people who drink and drive has left the police in Australia shocked.
- Researchers unearth ancient water secrets at royal garden dig
- Two-sided immune cell could be harnessed to shrink tumours: Study
- Children with pushy parents ‘do better at school’
- Potential new treatment for deadly nipah, hendra viruses identified
- Genetic variants may affect breast cancer risk in women with BRCA2 mutations
- Police being taught to use Facebook to track killers
- Scientists reveal cancer’s hiding spots
- Driverless electric vans travel successfully from Italy to China
- Scientists make second critical advance in muscular dystrophy research
- Low birth weight linked to poor growth rate in kids with kidney disease
- New system for monitoring electricity consumption
- Wireless ‘body-to-body networks’ can revolutionize mobile communication
- 250-bn-yr-old Siberian volcanism ‘may have caused The Great Dying’
- Trapped NASA Mars Rover finds more evidence of water on ‘Red Planet’
- Like humans, chimps too prefer using their right hands
- Earth-size planets ‘prevalent’ in our Milky Way galaxy
- Now, a blood test to spot ectopic pregnancy
- Getting older ‘leads to emotional stability, happiness’
- Two people can learn to cooperate with each other intuitively: Study
- Child-mother interactions study to pave for robots with social skills
- ‘Wireless’ humans could backbone new mobile networks
- First complete remains of dinosaur’s ancestor found in China
- Art of making tools 55,000 years older than previously thought
- Smokers ‘more likely to be impulsive, indecisive’
- Study on insulin-creating cell may lead to better diabetes treatment
- Dementia drug could be ‘within our grasp’, say Oz scientists
- Hands can detect typos even when the mind doesn’t: Study
- Smallest electric engine could power future nanomachines
- 5 risk factors for late-stage head and neck cancer identified
- Superhero suit to prevent bone loss in astronauts