NEW DELHI - The union environment and forests ministry Monday sought details from the Tamil Nadu government about the impact of a proposed distillery on the ground water in Thanjavur district.
NEW DELHI - The environment ministry Monday deferred giving the green signal to all thermal power, steel and sponge iron projects awaiting clearance till the status of their environment and forest clearance for coal supply sources are not furnished.
BEIJING - China Monday successfully launched its sixth satellite into the space, which will form part of its global navigation and positioning network.
WASHINGTON - Nightmares leave most of us waking up scared and dreading the thought of going back to sleep, but researchers have suggested that there is a way by which we can turn these dreams into happy endings.
WASHINGTON - Screening depression in adolescents would now get easier-thanks to a new test that has been approved by researchers.
- ‘Glowing’ plant cells that could control cell growth, death
- Potato crisps could end global water woes!
- Daylight Saving Time 2010 in US and UK
- How protein ‘assassin’ kills rogue cells in our bodies
- 5,000-year-old tomb complex unearthed on Orkney Islands
- Oz researchers discover ‘new seahorse species’
- Silica on mars volcano indicates wet and cozy past on ‘Red Planet’
- China makes its first indigenous fire trucks
- High tech stroke therapy treatment to enter export market
- Orissa bans fishing near turtle nesting sites
- Mozart’s music helps break down sewage!
- Why kids see a bear or a dog when they see a cloud
- 3000-yr-old axe heads, spear tips found in Essex dig
- ATTN EDITOR
- Mozart music may help microbes clear sewage
- UN chief asks China to reduce pollution
- Light fog in Delhi, cloudy day likely
- Indonesian volcano erupts again
- 10 years at home on the International Space Station
- Tyrannosaurus Rex was a cannibal